“By 2016, more than half of the dollars spent in US retail will be influenced by the web. Commerce is shifting more and more online. Make sure that you have a method to easily sell your product or service online.” – Forrester Research.
Your website is the central force of your digital marketing and with the major shift of viewing going online, it better be ready for consumption from any device.
How do you know if you’re ready?
If anything on the following list rings true with you, it may be time for you and your website to join everyone else in 2014…
- Your website is not optimized for mobile and tablet users.
- You’re still on the Flash bandwagon “because it looks really cool.”
- You don’t have a blog.
- You have to wait a month for your IT team to make content updates for you.
- You don’t have any clear calls to action paired with services your business offers.
- If you do have any calls to action, they say, “More…”
- You don’t have a lead entry form or “contact us” page with an entry form.
- Your Google Analytics is “kinda working… you think.”
- You don’t have any footer navigation features.
- You don’t have any social media integrated into your website.
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to strategize around your web design and digital presence!
Additions & Feedback
If you have additional links, sources or ideas that you think would be helpful, please comment below.